el mafioso

Todo es solo para el Don

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

With You

I was late again this morning. I arrived in my office one hour late of the official time. It’s a good thing that my office did not adopt the four-day work week scheme, or else I would be forced to stay in the office until 10 p.m. to make up for my would-be tardiness. Well, nobody in the house had waked me up. I thought of coming to work today, though wala akong pasok kung Miyerkules.

I have my Wednesdays off at work. I bargained for a day-off, once a week so that I could attend to my graduate studies. Luckily, my bosses thought that I was a “good catch” for them to pass up and decided to still hire me (okay, humility is not my virtue).

I had initially thought not to go work today, just do my pending jobs at home (mabait din naman ako), and watch one my TV addictions, The Amazing Race. You see, I have been transcribing the proceedings of the major conference that we had about three weeks ago, for two weeks now. I am really trying very hard to already finish it so that I can already leave. Unfortunately, my office mates seem to have no idea of a “conducive working environment”. We have a centralized sound system, which they would always put in full blast. Nearly everyone seems shouting during conversations. And yet the work that they have assigned me to do requires silence. How could you write articles and papers when you cannot concentrate because of the noise? I initially thought to just do the transcription at home, but later decided to go to office, anyway.
So, I woke up at 7:15 a.m, hurriedly took a bath and ate breakfast. It was really a bad morning. I was already thinking about the traffic that I have to endure to reach Fort Bonifacio. Suerte ko lang at nakasakay ako kaagad papuntang Junction at papunta sa FX Terminal papuntang Ayala. To my dismay, the driver of the FX was listening to Mike Enriquez’s daily radio program. I was thinking, “how could it be this worse”? The last thing I need was to hear his annoying voice. To my opinion, Mike’s style of delivery makes a bad news much, much worse. Buti na lang nilipat niya sa FM. RJ 100 ang station. Aba, mahilig pala si Manong sa mga standards at mellow songs. Kahit papaano, lalamig na ang ulo ko…And then this beautiful song began to play. I instantly loved the song, being the sentimental person that I am. I immediately wrote down the song’s title after the jock announced it and google’d the song as soon as I arrived in office. The song is entitled “With You”, from the Broadway musical, Pip
pin. Here's the songs's complete lyrics:

WITH YOU

My days are brighter than morning air
Evergreen pine and autumn blue
But all my days are twice as fair
If I could share
My days with you

My nights are warmer than firecoals
Incense and stars and smoke bamboo
But nights were warm beyond compare
If I could share
My nights with you

To dance in my dreams
To shine when I need the sun
With you
To hold me when dreams are done

And oh....
My dearest love
If you will take my love
Then all my dreams are truly begun
And time weaves ribbons of memory
To sweeten life when youth is through
But I would need no memories there
If I could share
My life with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home